We are now six weeks away from our 2014 conference! Whether you are able to join us or not, please consider submitting cases for our interactive discussion sessions! There will be two sessions: one on open access publishing, and the other will be a formal COPE forum for review of publishing ethics cases. Visit the “Case Submission” page to see details, and to share your cases. We will make sure that everyone gets a report of these discussions on this blog, so be sure to follow this blog to get the live updates from the conference. You will be able to also enter the discussion with your comments and ideas as the live blogs appear!
Part of the conference will be our traditional non-business meeting! The 2013-14 Web report will be open for discussion, but the most important part of the report is how people can be involved with the re-designed web resources that Leslie and I have developed over the past year. I am also posting the report on the INANE web site, where you can use the contact form to let us know how you would like to be involved! Here are the opportunities:
- Web site management – we are seeking one to two people to participate! The tasks involved include:
- Periodic review of home page and “about INANE” content for currency and accuracy,
- Management of “networking” forms and the content generated when these forms are completed
- Ongoing development of the “resources” section
- Facebook content/photograph management – we need at least one person for this fun job! Facebook provides a nice way to organize photos into albums. A number of pictures were uploaded during the website transition. We’d like to recruit a photo archivist to upload pictures, maintain the albums, and identify/label the people in the photos.
- Bloggers – we need one to three people to form a blogging team, with scheduled times for each person on the team to post on the blog so that our blog has regular posts on a variety of topics.
The conference of course is an annual event that brings together those who are able to be there. But now our web resources are developing in ways that make it possible to connect in meaningful ways even we cannot be tougher face to face. So join in and participate as much as you can!
For the Planning Committee: Leslie Nicoll, Margaret Comerford Freda, Shawn Kennedy, Lisa Marshall, Jean Proehl