We are just over 2 weeks away from the 2014 INANE conference in beautiful Portland, Maine! But never fear, this blog will continue to be active as the date draws closer. During the conference we will have live bloggers sharing the conference “happenings” right on the spot! However, here is one conference “happening” that you will not see on the program … but it definitely is happening … a raffle to benefit the Internet Services Workgroup!
Way back in 2011 in San Francisco, we passed a hat to collect money to support the work of the Internet Services Workgroup. People were very generous but it is time to once again raise some money for the Internet Resources for INANE. We could pass the hat but we decided, instead, to make this a bit more interesting for everyone! We have ordered a very special L.L. Bean Collectible Boat and Tote Bag that will be filled will a variety of incredible donations from very generous people and businesses. The tote bag is one-of-a kind–it will be the only one in existence–with green handles and customized INANE 2014 Logo!! Wow! Who wouldn’t want to win this?
Items that will be tucked inside the bag include:
- The Good Nurse by Charles Graeber, donated by the Hachette Book Group ($27)
- For All of Us, One Today by Richard Blanco, donated by Beacon Press ($15)
- The Anatomy of Writing for Publication for Nurses (2nd ed.), by Cynthia Saver, donated by the author ($45)
- Writing for Publication in Nursing (2nd ed.) by Marilyn Oermann and Judith Hays, donated by Marilyn Oermann ($55)
- On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft by Maine author Stephen King, donated by Jean Proehl ($19)
- A Kindle Paperwhite with a pink Paperwhite cover, donated by Leslie Nicoll ($160)
- Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies (2nd ed.), by Leslie Nicoll, donated by the author ($17)
- One year complimentary subscription to Advances in Nursing Science, donated by Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins ($130)
- Pack of 4 note cards with illustrations by Maine artist Eric Hopkins, donated by the Planning Committee ($24)
- $25.00 L.L. Bean Gift Card, donated by Peggy Chinn ($25)
- $25.00 Starbucks Gift Card, donated by Margaret Freda ($25)
- $25.00 Amazon Gift Card, donated by Lisa Marshall ($25)
- One bottle of wine, donated by Shawn Kennedy ($20)
- One jar of homemade strawberry jam, donated by Leslie Nicoll (priceless!)
- A whimsical lobster bottle of wine, donated by Jean Proehl (priceless!)
- A facsimile of the very first edition of AJN from October 1900, donated by Shawn Kennedy (priceless!)
Total value of the bag and contents: $627 + invaluable priceless items! And between now and August 3rd, when raffle tickets go on sale, we may have a few more donations for the bag. Keep your eyes peeled!
Raffle tickets will be on sale at the registration desk for INANE 2014 beginning on August 3rd. The drawing will be held at breakfast on Wednesday, August 6, 2014. The winner (or a designated proxy) must be present to win. Tickets will be $10 each or 3 for $25. As with any raffle, cash is king, so bring along a few ten and five dollar bills to buy a ticket or three and put your name in the basket. Proceeds go to a great cause that benefits all of us and the winner gets a fabulous prize!
With this, I remain your very excited INANE 2014 blogger! Looking forward to seeing everyone in Portland in just a few weeks!
Along with the very enthusiastic Planning Committee members: Leslie Nicoll (chair), Margaret Comerford Freda, Shawn Kennedy, Lisa Marshall, and Jean Proehl