This is a new initiative for the INANE conference – a grant fund to support folks who are new to nursing journal editing, or interested in becoming editors. We (members of the planning committee) recognize how important INANE is for those who are just coming in to this role, and what better way to promote their participation in our group than to help them attend our conference?!
This fund will only support new editors and folks who have an emerging interest in editing and publishing, such as peer reviewers, editorial board members, and authors. The grants will cover the conference registration cost for up to four people.
Everyone can contribute to the fund, and the number of grants that we can award will depend on your donations. We hope to raise $2000 to cover the cost of four conference registrations. Funds raised in excess of $2000 (if people are generous) will be passed on the Carolyn Yucha and the planning committee for INANE 2015, so that they may continue this program. Please visit the “Developing Editors Grant Fund” page today to make your contribution!
Encourage anyone you know who is new to this role, or interested in becoming a nursing journal editor to apply – here is the application is on our web site.
You might be wondering why we are doing all of this so far in advance of the conference! Here are a few reasons!
- We, members of the planning committee, are doing this all on our own! This has been done before, but typically either an academic institution or a publisher has provided back-up for this effort, providing, among other things, the advance funding necessary to reserve the venue. Getting started early helps us cover the early expenses involved in getting the conference underway – special thanks to Leslie’s business, Maine Desk, which has provided financial support with deposits for the venue and special events.
- We are “experimenting” with a number of new features many of which involved advance planning – the Editors Development Fund being one of them. Here are few other new things we are doing:
- We have developed this unique and comprehensive web site.
- This will be a “paperless” conference – stay tuned to this blog to learn more along the way.
- We are planning ways for attendees to participate and interact in ways like never before. All of these features have involved long-term advance planning, and some are limited to a certain number … so visit our “Events” and “Program” pages to find out more, and sign up early.
- Perhaps the prime reason we are doing this so early is that we are just plain excited about this conference and could not wait to unveil the details for everyone! We have had great fun putting it together, and the folks we have invited as featured speakers have all been wonderful to work with – and are excited about connecting with our group as well.
We hope you can join us! Visit the “Registration” page today to begin your journey to Portland, Maine in 2014. If you do this before the end of the year you can take advantage of the “Early Bird” registration fee. If you are not able to be there – never fear … we are lining up several “reporters” who will blog, post on Facebook, and Tweet every day!
Planning Committee: Leslie Nicoll (chair), Peggy Chinn, Margaret Comerford Freda, Shawn Kennedy, Lisa Marshall, Jean Proehl, Suzanne Smith